Sunday 26 August 2012

Joni Mitchell's Blue - my new musical love

Blue is everything I could ask from an album: sensitive, soft-sounding but emotional, with a lush, reckless naked vulnerability in both the sonority and the lyrics. It's romantic and disillusioned, joyful and melancholy. It's ten tiny stars burning themselves high into my heart. I am still in the process of savouring it, listening time after time to absorb the texture, the personality and the feelings, and I am sure that the way I think about it will change, but for now I would say it is about the fine line between loving the taste of life, and feeling tired and alone inside of it; about the battle between hope and despair, or fantasy and reality. It is a delicate beauty.

This is the title track, hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment